Options for self-adhesive films on furniture, which is better to choose
Many quality interior items after a long period of operation lose their attractive appearance. At the same time, they remain strong and reliable, therefore suitable for further use. You can improve their appearance in different ways, but the most optimal is considered to be a self-adhesive film for furniture, which is presented in different types, and is also suitable for various items. Self-adhesive film can be bought in the kitchen or bathroom, as well as other rooms.
What is the material?
Using self-adhesive film, it is possible to update any design. It is not difficult to stick it on different bases, and the resulting coating is characterized by a long service life and high attractiveness.
The film for pasting furniture consists of several layers:
- the front surface, which has high strength, as well as having a certain pattern and texture, which allows you to easily update any furniture at home;
- glue intended for carrying out the procedure of gluing the material to different surfaces;
- a protective film that is removed immediately before the self-adhesive film is attached to a specific interior item.
Furniture film is made from different materials, but the most popular are products made of polymers, metallized foil or plain paper.
Self-adhesive films are made using various technologies. For each method, specialized equipment is used. To do this, use the methods:
- injection colored film - this material can be used for kitchen furniture or used in other specific conditions. Self-adhesive products made in this way are durable, easy to use and retain their unique color for a long time. Photos of them can be seen below. Such material is heat-resistant, so it can be used not only for mounting on furniture, but even for packaging furniture. During the repair, it is taken into account that the fixation should be carried out exclusively on a base with perfect evenness, cleanliness, dryness and smoothness. This self-adhesive material can be used for particleboard, MDF or other surfaces. Such a self-adhesive film can cover not only various interior items, but also doors;
- calendaring technology - sticking on material made in this way is quite simple. The resulting coating is resistant to shrinkage and other negative factors, but over time it shrinks, so it loses its attractiveness.
Thus, updating various interior items with a special self-adhesive film for furniture is an excellent solution for each owner of these structures.A self-adhesive film for furniture has many unique parameters, it is suitable for gluing different surfaces, and is also intended to protect them from various negative influences.
The use of a self-adhesive product has many advantages:
- made coatings are resistant to high temperatures, therefore, can be used in different rooms, which makes it possible to update kitchen furniture;
- in the process of their production only safe components are used, therefore, such products do not harm people, which allows them to be used for children's furniture;
- they are produced in different colors, so a white glossy film, black or some other one can be chosen;
- it is allowed to buy material for the cut, so as many products as needed for a specific task will be received;
- the painter performing the process should not have specific skills, so a beginner painter can cope with updating any item;
- the material can be decorated for children, for which self-adhesive with a pattern is used, which depicts different cartoon characters;
- if the work is carried out in a small room, then an ideal choice would be a mirror film, which contributes to a visual increase in space;
- the resulting coating protects the base from various negative influences;
- does not require specific care;
- the adhesive layer does not need to use additional adhesives, therefore, reliable and perfect bonding is guaranteed in any case;
- the durability of the resulting coating is ensured.
Some manufacturers offer films for furniture that have a truly unique and unique appearance, and their photos are located below. The disadvantages of using this material include the fact that before updating any item, you should carefully prepare it before this work, as any distortions, pollution or other problems are not allowed.
If you want to update the old massive headset, then the material with the wenge color is perfect.
Criterias of choice
This material is presented in the market in numerous forms, so it is often difficult to choose a self-adhesive construction, therefore some tips of professionals are taken into account:
- operating conditions - if the material is covered with interior items that are constantly in heated residential premises, then it is allowed to buy the standard version. If you want to cover the elements that are on the street, then a special film for lamination is selected that is not afraid of negative temperatures;
- surface condition in need of gluing. Pasting should be carried out exclusively on a base that is even and clean. If it is not possible to level the surface, then a film material consisting of several protective and dense layers is selected;
- attractive appearance. The purpose of lamination is to improve the appearance of different objects, so you will certainly choose a material that has the right color or texture. It should be suitable for the specific interior style and tastes of the owners of the premises;
- coloring - when decorating any furniture, you should decide what color the material will have. Black, red and white colors are most often chosen. If you just want to protect the surface, you can cover it using a transparent material.
It is advisable to choose a product from PVC rather than polyethylene. Also, acrylic film has excellent parameters. It is sold for a cut, and at the same time, photos of its varieties are presented below. By covering different furniture with acrylic, you can be sure of its protection from various negative influences. Packaging films for furniture are used in case transportation of structures is required, and at the same time it is necessary to protect them from possible contamination during the execution of this action.
When choosing a laminating film, it is necessary to take into account what color or texture it has. The choice of color depends on what kind of furniture needs to be covered, in what room it is located and what kind of furniture in the room needs to be done. When choosing a color, certain recommendations are taken into account:
- if a close-fitting of objects located in the children's room is required, then they should have bright and interesting colors or patterns, as children must like;
- material for a section with a brown or beige color is perfect for a bedroom or living room;
- glossy furniture film is produced even in textures that mimic natural wood or other expensive and specific materials, and they are most often used in the kitchen.
The painter, acting as the owner of the room, choosing self-adhesive films and its colors should additionally take into account their own preferences when creating colors.
The nuances of using
How to glue this material so that the films are glued evenly? The procedure for working with it is considered quite simple, since only sequential actions are performed:
- the calculation of the required amount of material purchased per cut;
- it is decided what parameters, appearance and other features he will have, and at the same time, gloss or matte film can be chosen;
- the material is bought for the cut in the right amount;
- surfaces are prepared before directly bonding a new coating, and the plastic base only needs to be cleaned of dirt, but the wood is leveled and polished;
- the film itself is prepared, for which it is cut into individual elements, with the help of which gluing of various objects will be carried out;
- the protective material is removed, after which the painter sticks on the sticky side of the film to the desired areas of certain furniture;
- the film is aligned so that it sticks evenly and correctly;
- if a rather substantial surface is covered, it is recommended to first apply a soap solution on the wrong side of the material, which will allow you to adjust its location for a sufficiently long time;
- for leveling, the painter can use an ordinary rag or roller, but you should not make significant efforts so as not to tear the coating, and the photo of the finished result is located below.
It is allowed to use even special elements for the mirror, which are transparent and protective films, and they must be applied without the use of a soap solution.Thus, any home decoration can be covered with a film for furniture self-adhesive. Effective protection of the fitted element from various negative factors is provided. Photos of different types of films are located below, and they are inexpensive, beautiful and durable. Working with them is considered so simple that it is easily performed on their own.