Overview of furniture accessories, selection and placement
In the production of cabinet furniture, front and fixing accessories are used. Mounting and fasteners are necessary for fixing furniture elements. These include hinges, rotary mechanisms, elements of a detachable, one-piece, movable connection, fasteners for installation of furniture structures, shelf holders, glass, mirror latches. Front fittings are furniture accessories that perform a decorative function. Installation of such products does not change the operational characteristics of furniture, but gives the finished structures a finished look, aesthetic appeal.
Designation of decorative elements
The artistic design of the furniture depends on the style decision, the selected accessories should be in harmony with the overall appearance of the design in color, shape. The purpose of the decor is to give cabinets, tables, chests of drawers, sofas, and other products with an attractive design and original style. Such products perform not only a decorative, but also a practical function:
- serve as a designer complement to furniture - souvenirs, vases, figurines;
- used to open and close doors, serve as furniture supports - decorative handles, legs;
- perform the role of bright accents - in contrast to the color of the furniture;
- emphasize the style - with the help of furniture accessories, for example, you can distinguish classics from the loft, fusion from modernity;
- are used for locking drawers, sashes - decorative locks of overhead, mortise type;
- improve the appearance of furniture - smooth corners (lining), frame the ends (edges).
The main requirements that apply to front fittings and auxiliary furniture accessories are durability, high quality workmanship, ease of maintenance, aesthetically attractive texture, color harmony with furniture design. One of the functions of furniture accessories is to enhance the impression of interior design, to add artistic notes and accents that “dilute” and “enliven” the interior space of the room.
Furniture accessories include any decorative elements that adorn furniture, such as soft pillows, textiles, souvenir products, interior filling systems, lighting fixtures, and designer products.
Furniture for different rooms requires the use of a variety of front fittings and decorative elements. There is no strict distinction, which accessories where to install, but you need to adhere to a certain logic. For example, a floor vase on a dining table will look out of place, as well as sofa cushions in the hallway area.Depending on the purpose, type of furniture designs for their decoration and filling use front hardware (an integral part of the furniture) and freestanding items:
- handles - designed to open, close sashes, doors, drawers. The shape of the handles plays an important role in the decoration of furniture, as it gives the design an artistic style. There are button handles, staples, roof rails, shells;
- legs - perform a practical and aesthetic function. Supporting products are adjustable and unregulated. They are classified into mobile (roller) supports, decorative legs, metal racks;
- locks - a separate category of furniture accessories designed to lock drawers or sashes. Locking front hardware varies in size, appearance, design of the internal mechanism, applicability (glass, wood, chipboard), type of installation;
- accessories for upholstered furniture. Products perform a decorative function, are used to complete sofas, armchairs, and soft corners. The decor of upholstered furniture includes lining on the armrests and sidewalls, as well as sofa cushions;
- kitchen accessories - an extensive group of elements for filling the interior space of kitchen tables, shelves, cabinets, which include drying dishes, railing systems for towels, cargo, pull-out baskets, bar, corner systems, trimming.
Some furniture factories and accessories companies in the category of furniture accessories include elements of the internal filling of wardrobes. Products carry out several functions at once, ensuring comfortable operation of compartment constructions, such as pantographs, rods, hung, hangers, micro lifts, clothing holders, mesh shelves, shoe baskets. In addition, furniture accessories include orthopedic mattresses, pillows for beds - beds and sofas.
How to use it in the interior
By definition, accessories are objects and products that have a decorative function or combine practical purpose with the creation of an aesthetically attractive, holistic interior. Vases, flowers, figurines - room decoration elements that decorate furniture, giving the room an exclusive look and emphasizing the style of the interior. In large furniture companies, professional designers are working on creating a line of accessories so that the selected items fit perfectly with the furniture. The harmony of upholstery, textiles, front hardware, soft products gives the room a holistic look. How to use furniture and accessories in the interior:
- living room - a room in which they relax, receive guests, enjoy communication with their families. The living room is visually divided into several zones: a couch, a fireplace area, a place for reading, drinking tea or watching TV. The furniture decor of the living room includes soft sofa cushions, textile for armchairs. The wall (set) can be decorated with statuettes, souvenirs, and the coffee table with vases with flowers. Bright accents emphasize the color of furniture upholstery, the shade of front hardware;
- bedroom - a room for sleeping, relaxing, often combined with a study. Furniture decor elements for the bedroom - mattresses and pillows on the bed, textiles, filling the wardrobe, dressing table lights. In the bedroom set, the same front hardware should be used - legs and handles of the dresser, bed, dressing table, bedside tables. At the same time, the overall style of furniture design is maintained. The main accents are the design of the sliding doors of the wardrobe and the head of the bed;
- kitchen - a functional room, clearly divided into zones for cooking and eating. Furniture and accessories are selected according to the interior design of the room. For example, front hardware in metallic is a solution for high-tech style. If the design of furniture has a strict geometry of shapes, do not decorate the facades with round handles.Design items for kitchen furniture include filling elements for cabinets, shelves for dishes, coasters for glasses on the bar counter, coasters on the dining table;
- children's room - filling furniture with accessories depends on the age and gender of the child. So, bright pillows, soft toys, flowers, paintings, mirrors are appropriate in a teenager’s room. In a teenage boy’s room, furniture decoration should be more restrained, concise, include accents of a nautical theme, use textiles, sofa cushions in neutral colors or soft accessories from striped textile. A collection of children's toys can decorate furniture shelves.
The guests get the first impression of the tastes of the owners of the house or apartment by going into the hallway. Typically, a room does not differ in impressive dimensions, so everything in it should be functional, compact. Furniture and accessories for the hallway are chosen so as not to clutter up the room. The best solution is to install a spacious sliding wardrobe. Its filling is furniture accessories for the orderly storage of clothes, shoes, hats. An additional decorative element of the interior is a soft pouf, a mirror with backlight.
When choosing furniture accessories in any room, you need to follow a simple rule - small details visually reduce small rooms, and an abundance of bright touches creates a blurry interior. Accessories are acquired to decorate a room, convey their own artistic taste, attract attention with unobtrusive accents.